Filter-Driers Bi-Directional Filter Driers Series STG/L
The filter driers of series STG/L are used in refrigeration system with bi-directional flow to absorb moisture and acid in the system and to filter out the impurities.
- High efficient in moisture absorption, filtering impurity, acid, paint remains and mud removal
- Hybrid desiccant
- Filtering fineness: 20µm
- Corrosion resistant painting can survive salt spray test of 500 hours
- Connection type: thread or solder
- Full dimensions, capacity and moisture capacity available on the Data Sheet download below
- Applicable for all common HCFC, HFC and CFC refrigerants such as: R22, R134a, R404A, R407C, R410A, R507
- Min./max. ambient temperature: -30°C to +55°C
- Medium Temperature TS min./max.: -30°C (-22°F) / +120°C (248°F)
- PS: 4,83 MPa (48.3 bar) 700 PSI
- Certifications: UL/CSA & PED Declaration
Desiccant Selection Table Medium Type 80% 3A desiccant and 20% active alumina 100% 3A desiccant Refrigerant HFC Applicable Applicable HCFC Applicable Applicable CFC Applicable Not Applicable HC Applicable Applicable Oil Mineral oil or AB Applicable Applicable Pure POE or PAG Applicable Applicable POE or PAG with additive Not Applicable Applicable
- 1) For CFC system, usage of core with alumina is recommended as a strong capability to absorb acid may be needed.
- 2) When the systems use oil with additive, it is not recommended to use a core with alumina.
Part Number Legend 1 Product Code DTG Indicates unidirectional filter drier with solder connection DTGL Indicates unidirectional filter drier with thread connection 2 Internal volume Expressed in inch3 Expressed in cm3 3 3 49 5 5 82 8 8 131 16 16 262 30 30 492 3 Connection size Expressed in inch Expressed in mm 2 1/4 - 2,5 5/16 - 3 3/8 - 4 1/2 - 5 5/8 16 6 3/4 - 7 7/8 22 9 1 1/8 - 4 Form of inner core T Solid core 5 Components of core
Filter Driers for liquid line are manufactured in compliance with ARI Standard 710. Maximum flow rate of liquid refrigerant at a differential pressure of 0,07bar (1psi) is indicated by kW (ton) which is based on the temperature of liquid refrigerant 30°C (86°F) and the following mass flow:
- 0,40 kg/min/kW (3.1 lb/min/ton) R134a
- 0,53 kg/min/kW (4.1 lb/min/ton) R404A, R507
- 0,39 kg/min/kW (3.0 lb/min/ton) R22, R407C
- 0,36 kg/min/kW (2.8 lb/min/ton) R410A
Note: Data on water absorption is based on the following EPD (method: ASHRAE Standard 63.1):
- 60ppm R22
- 15ppm R12
- 30ppm R502
- 50ppm R134a, R404A, R507, R410A, R407C
Note: The above data is based on clean system at ideal conditions; with impurities accumulated in the filter, the flow may decrease.